Turkish citizenship through work permit and required papers
This article will address how to obtain Turkish citizenship through a work permit; the conditions, the procedures, the paperwork, and how long it takes to obtain them.
Table of content
- Acquisition of Turkish citizenship through a work permit
- Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through a work permit
- What are the papers needed to obtain Turkish citizenship through a job residence?
- Stages and procedures for obtaining a Turkish passport through a work permit
- How long does it take to get Turkish citizenship through the work permit?
- Services of Gars company in the area of obtaining Turkish citizenship through a work permit
Acquisition of Turkish citizenship through a work permit
Work residence is a residence granted to foreigners employed by Turkish companies. The company receives a work permit from the Ministry of Labour for the foreigner to be employed and then requests residence. It is granted for one year, then renewed for two or three years, and there are several benefits enjoyed by a person who has obtained employment in Turkey, such as health insurance for the worker and his or her family. In addition, children enter various government schools and receive a pension beyond the age of 60, the most important of which are: acquisition of Turkish citizenship after five years.
Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through a work permit
Article XI of the Law on Turkish Citizenship requires special conditions for the acquisition of Turkish citizenship through the work permit:
- Having the legal capacity to act in accordance with the law in his home country, and in case of statelessness, the capacity is in accordance with Turkish law.
- Stay in the Republic of Turkey for five years without interruption, and Turkish law has allowed a total of 360 days to leave Turkish territory during the entire period of residence.
- Proof of the intention of permanent residence in Turkey as a purchase of property, the existence of business, etc.
- Having sufficient capacity to speak Turkish, enabling them to practice their daily life and communicate with the ocean around them.
- The existence of income or occupation with a legitimate source makes them able to support themselves and their dependents in Turkey.
- The person is free of any communicable diseases or may be affected by public health through examinations at a hospital or accredited medical center.
- Having good manners and a good reputation.
- The existence of a clean judicial record, in that no judgment affecting criminal, economic, or political security has been handed down in the Turkish courts.
- He or she is not one of the people who pose a threat to Turkey's national security.
- Undertaking to respect the laws and regulations in force in Turkey.
What are the papers needed to obtain Turkish citizenship through a work permit ?
The documents required to obtain Turkish citizenship through employment are as follows:
- Application form (packaged by our expert advisers).
- Four biometric images
- Turkish passport and translation certified by the notary
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of marital status
- Health Report
- Documents explaining the status of income
- Document showing the number of days of stay (it's important to make use of our specialized counseling services).
- Origin and image of valid residence permit card
- Payment receipt
- A special agency for lawyers to administer the treatment of nationality
- Ratification of all papers issued abroad by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the home country, translation into Turkish and ratification at the Turkish Consulate in the source country
Stages and procedures for obtaining a Turkish passport through a work permit
The conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport are the same as those for obtaining Turkish citizenship. By freely acquiring citizenship by taking up work residence, you can obtain a passport in two days. Turkish passports are universally powerful, and many States requiring Visa grant them under easy terms to Turkish nationals. The Turkish passport holder can travel to more than 80 States with the Turkish Republic passport with or without a visa, or on a visa given directly at the airport.
The procedures for obtaining a Turkish passport are as follows:
- Request for an appointment from the Ministry of the Interior Population Department website.
- Turkish ID.
- Two pictures with a white background.
- Access to payment of Turkish passport charges can be made online on the IRS website.
How long does it take to get Turkish citizenship through the work permit?
The operation of the application for citizenship through employment is linked to the information provided. The information and documentation provided in the application for citizenship must not be false even slightly. This may lead to a negative result, but if the information is accurate, nationality usually does not take long up to three months.
Services of Gars company in the area of obtaining Turkish citizenship through a work permit
For anyone who wishes to acquire Turkish citizenship through a work permit, Gars company puts its accumulated experience in your hands to make the dream of Turkish citizenship a reality for our generous clients.
Hundreds of files whose owners acquired Turkish citizenship through the work permit are included in the stock of Gars company. And that in the shortest possible time, you can now communicate with us to let you know how to get Turkish citizenship through your work permit.
Edited by Gars Consulting Company
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
Proving the existence of Ottoman origin is one of the ways through which the Turkish law grants the right of obtaining Turkish citizenship, which is issued in a period between six months to one year from the application date after proving the existence of an Ottoman origin or proving affiliation to any Turkish origin whether grandfather, grandmother, father, or mother using any birth certificate document or a military certificate, after that you need to obtain a Turkish government document called (Ottoman Origins Document).
Some foreigners can obtain Turkish citizenship in some exceptional cases, if they do not pose a threat to national security and do not threaten public order, such as:
- Everyone who contributes and is expected to contribute to the effective and fundamental development of industry, technology, economic, social science, art, and sports.
- People who are believed that they must obtain Turkish citizenship.
- People who have been accepted as refugees.
Generally speaking, Turkish citizenship and the Turkish passport can be obtained in several ways, some of which fall under the investment clause, others fall under the clause, in addition to other situations through which the Turkish citizenship can be acquired.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment according to one of the following items:
- Real estate ownership
- Financial deposit
- Investing in Turkey
- Hiring 50 Turkish citizens.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship through marriage or lineage
- Other situations for obtaining Turkish citizenship
- Residence in Turkey with a 5-years work permit period
- Exceptional nationality which is usually granted to certain people like those with university certificate of who came to Turkey and live in it.
The Turkish passport is one of the strongest passports in the world, and while so many countries require a visa, they grant it for the holders of Turkish citizenship with easy terms. The Turkish passport holder can travel to more than 80 countries with a Turkish passport without a visa, or with a visa issued upon arrival at the airport.
What are the requirements for Turkish citizenship?
The conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship differ based on the different cases that lead to it such as real estate investment, shares investment, employing Turkish employees, etc... but they all have these conditions in common:
- The person must be of one of the nationalities allowed to benefit from the Citizenship Law.
- The person must be an adult.
- The person must adhere to the provisions of the Citizenship Law and its details that fall under it.
- The person must be free of serious infectious diseases.
- The person must have a clean criminal record.
Briefly, applying for Turkish citizenship and the stages of obtaining it are seven stages, but they can be summarized in the following four points:
Submitting the citizenship application request to the competent authority such as the investment office for investors and the Population Department for in case of marrying a Turkish person; after preparing the required documents and papers according to the case (investment, real estate ownership, Turkish origin...).
Then the request is transferred to the Population Department for necessary action.
The study and security research stage.
The decision-making stage.
The conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport and obtaining Turkish citizenship differ according to the different ways that lead to obtaining the citizenship (real estate investment - shares investment - employment Turkish citizens...), and these conditions all have these items in common:
The person is of one of the nationalities allowed to benefit from the nationality law.
The person must be an adult.
Adherence to the provisions of the Nationality Law and the details it falls under them.
The person should have no serious infectious diseases.
Clean criminal record.
According to the decision of granting Turkish citizenship to investors that was issued in 2018, obtaining Turkish citizenship in exchange for a real estate investment worth only $250,000 has become possible, the decision specified buying a property worth $250,000 at least and not selling it for three years; instead of one million US dollars in the previous decision, and according to the real estate ownership law, the owner has the right to apply for Turkish citizenship.
You can also obtain a Turkish passport by:
1.Investing in Turkey with a value of 500 thousand dollars.
2.Depositing $500,000 in a Turkish bank for 3 years.
3.Buying shares of government bonds worth $500,000.
4.Employing 50 Turkish citizens.
5.Turkish citizenship by residence permit for 5 years.
6.Turkish citizenship by marrying a Turkish person.
- Turkish citizenship by proofing Turkish origins.
Right now, the Turkish passport holder can enter the following European countries: Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania, Macedonia, and Montenegro, and if Turkey joins the European Union, the option to enter European countries will be available of course.
The Turkish passport is one of the strongest passports in the world, and many of the countries that require visa grant holders of Turkish passport the visa with easy conditions.
The Turkish passport allows its holder to enter more than 43 countries without being required to obtain a visa in advance, including Qatar, Tunisia, Jordan, Iraq, Morocco, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Georgia, Paraguay, Serbia, South Africa, Thailand, Northern Cyprus, Ukraine, Uruguay.
The Turkish passport holder can also enter more than 40 countries with a visa issued upon arrival, the most important of which are: Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Sudan, and most African countries, in addition to three countries that issue an electronic visa online, they are Ivory Coast, Jamaica, and Mexico.
In 2020, the Turkish passport was ranked 24th in the world after the Corona pandemic, recording 86 points on the passport index, it allows its holder to enter more than 40 countries without obtaining an entry visa in advance, and holders of Turkish passport can enter more than 40 countries with an entry visa issued upon arrival, and more than three countries grant the Turkish passport holder an electronic entry visa online. It is expected that the Turkish passport will return to its rank after Corona which removed it from its previous position slightly.
Work Residency in Turkey- Privileges and Requirements
In this article, you will learn about the steps needed to obtain a work residence permit in Turkey, its requirements, an...
Privileges of Real Estate Residence in Turkey and how to get it
what is the real estate residence in Turkey, what are the privileges? Learn more about the requirements, the procedures,...
Privileges of Turquoise Card for Forgierner Investors in Turkey
Learn more about the turquoise card and its requirements. Turkey grants it to the foreigner investors as it provides a v...