Privileges of Real Estate Residence in Turkey and how to get it
The Turkish real estate market has witnessed a great demand by foreign investors in recent years, and after the increase in buying real estate and apartments by foreigners, the Turkish government has worked to grant investors and those who want to own property in Turkey the right to obtain a real estate residence permit in 2020.
Table of Contents
- What is real estate residence permit in Turkey?
- Procedures of the real estate residence permit in Turkey
What is real estate residence permit in Turkey?
Real estate residence permit in Turkey is a document issued by the immigration departments in the Turkish provinces, it allows its owner to enjoy the rights of education, health care, and live in Turkey legally, this residence permit is temporary and needs to be renewed annually.
This type of residence permit is granted to foreign people who wish to own property in Turkey and settle in it, also, the wife/husband and family members of the children under the age of 18 are entitled to obtain a real estate residence permit.
Real estate residence permit law in Turkey
The real estate residence law in Turkey falls within Articles No.31, 32, and 33 of the Foreigners and International Protection Law No.6458, in addition to Articles 28 and 29 of the executive regulations regarding carrying out the Foreigners and International Protection Law, under the short-term residence permit item, which is granted to many categories of people including those wishing to buy real estate in Turkey.
Advantages of real estate residence permit in Turkey
Undoubtedly, obtaining a real estate residence permit in Turkey is one of the most important goals that all foreign investors seek to achieve in general, so that they benefit from the many advantages of this residence permit including:
- Legally residing on Turkish territory.
- Family of the real estate owner of wife/husband and children under 18 years; all of them can enjoy the real estate residence rights.
- It is possible to renew the real estate residence permit with great ease.
- Freedom to move between Turkish provinces.
- Obtaining educational services in Turkish schools and universities.
- Benefiting from the health care system in Turkey and having medical treatment in Turkish hospitals for free or at great discounts.
- After 8 years of real estate residence permit in Turkey, it is possible to obtain a permanent residence permit.
- When the real estate(s) value reaches 250 thousand dollars, it is possible to apply for Turkish citizenship.
Procedures of the real estate residence permit in Turkey
Real estate residence permit in Turkey is the real estate key that opens the doors for investors to obtain Turkish citizenship, so, we will talk more about how to obtain real estate residence permit in Turkey:
- Buying a property in one of the Turkish provinces and obtaining the title deed document.
- Booking an appointment online for a real estate residence permit.
- Preparing the documents required to obtain a real estate residence permit in Turkey.
- Coming for the interview at the Immigration Directorate in person or under an official special power of attorney by a representative.
- Handing the required documents to the official employee.
- Paying fees of the real estate residence permit in Turkey.
- Waiting until the real estate residence permit is approved by the Immigration Department in the province in which the application was submitted in Turkey.
- The real estate residence permit card will be sent by mail to the investor's house address that was registered in the submitted documents.
Conditions of the real estate residence permit in Turkey
Many investors or those who want to own real estate ask many questions about real estate residence permit, so, what are real estate residence permit conditions in Turkey? To answer this question, we say: Regarding the real estate residence permit conditions in Turkey, a specific real estate must be bought in Turkey regardless of its type or value, which will allow those wishing to obtain real estate residence permit the freedom to choose the real estate they want regardless of its price, whether it is a residential apartment, investment land, or commercial offices.
Also, the real estate should be registered in the Land Registry Directorate after being purchased, and the title deed must be obtained as well, and this is one of the most important official documents required to obtain a real estate residence permit in Turkey.
Requirement of the real estate residence permit in Turkey
To apply for a real estate residence permit, the following documents must be submitted:
- Application document for the real estate residence permit.
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- A visa with the entry stamp to Turkey registered on it.
- The document known as DASK (earthquake insurance for the property) must be there.
- A Medical insurance document that can be obtained from the Turkish insurance companies.
- The family book (an official book contains information of the Husband, wife, and children) translated to Turkish and ratified by a Turkish notary.
- Title deed document registered in the name of the real estate owner.
- 4 Personal photos.
- Having a fixed monthly income of at least $500 a month.
- Bank account.
Real estate residence permit fees in Turkey
The fees of applying for the real estate residence permit in Turkey are considered low similar to the fees of the residence permit for touristic purposes, as it is limited to health insurance which is determined based on the age group, and other fees that vary depending on the nationality.
and because the real estate's continued ownership is a prerequisite for obtaining a real estate residence permit, all taxes related to the real estate must be paid to ensure obtaining the real estate residence permit.
The validity of real estate residence in Turkey
How long is the real estate residence permit in Turkey? Is one of the many questions those who want to own a real estate in Turkey ask, and the answer is simple:
Turkish law authorizes the General Immigration Department in the Turkish provinces to grant one or two years at most to the foreigners wishing to obtain a real estate residence permit in Turkey.
Renewal of real estate residence in Turkey
It is very easy to renew the real estate residence permit in Turkey compared to other types of residence permits in Turkey, as it is enough for the real estate to be registered in the Land Registry Directorate in the name of the real estate owner, for the permit to be renewed according to it.
Did you like the topic? You can share it with your friends now!
Work Residency in Turkey- Privileges and Requirements
In this article, you will learn about the steps needed to obtain a work residence permit in Turkey, its requirements, an...
Privileges of Turquoise Card for Forgierner Investors in Turkey
Learn more about the turquoise card and its requirements. Turkey grants it to the foreigner investors as it provides a v...
Turkish Residence Permit – Privileges and Requirements
what is the residence permit in Turkey, what are the requirements, the procedures, and the validity? And why can it be...