How to obtain permanent residence in Turkey; characteristics, conditions, and required documents
What is permanent residence in Turkey and what are its characteristics? Get familiar with its terms, procedures and required documents.
Table of content
- What's permanent residence in Turkey?
- Advantages of permanent residence in Turkey
- Conditions for acquiring permanent residence in Turkey
- Stages and method of obtaining permanent residence in Turkey
- How can a permanent residence be booked in Turkey?
What's permanent residence in Turkey?
It’s a type of residence permit in Turkey, that’s granted by the State Administration and with the approval of the Ministry, to a foreigner living on Turkish territory without interruption for eight years legally, provided that the applicant meets certain conditions.
Advantages of permanent residence in Turkey
- A permanent resident enjoys most of the rights granted to a Turkish citizen except to stand for election, apply for public office, or import cars from abroad.
- Permanent residence is exempt from the duty to perform military service in Turkey
- Permanent residence is not limited to a certain period of time, it is permanent and indefinite
- A permanent resident has the right to rent or own real estate
- Establishment of personal or joint-stock companies
- Applying for Turkish citizenship
- Children under the age of 18 are entitled to universal health insurance and to free schooling in Turkey
- Permanent residence in Turkey is denied if the foreign bearer forms a serious threat to Turkish public order and security.
- Permanent residence is denied in case the owner has been outside Turkey for more than one year without interruption except for health conditions, education and compulsory public service in his country
Conditions for acquiring permanent residence in Turkey
A person applying for permanent residence in Turkey must fulfill the following conditions before applying:
- Permanent residence shall be granted to a foreigner residing on Turkish territory for eight years, without interruption and legally
- The fact that the applicant for permanent residence has not received social assistance in the last three years
- The resident has a sufficient income to secure his or her living and family on a regular basis.
- The applicant for permanent residence has valid health insurance
- To not be a threat to public security in Turkey.
- The eight years shall be counted without interruption as provided for in article 38 of the Act. The duration of the student's residence permit shall be calculated and the duration of the other residence permits shall be calculated in full.
- No permanent residence granted to refugees
- It is not granted to secondary or humanitarian protectors, nor is it granted to those who have been granted temporary protection.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, consent must be obtained from a guardian or any recognized legal representative in Turkey.
Stages and method of obtaining permanent residence in Turkey
For a foreigner who has achieved an eight-year stay on Turkish territory without interruption and legally, the required documents are collected and submitted to the Turkish Immigration Service in the state where the applicant resides.
However, there are exceptional ways of obtaining permanent residence without waiting for 8 years:
First: There are some Arab States whose citizens have been granted the opportunity by the Turkish Government to apply for permanent residence.
Second: Obtaining permanent residence on an exceptional basis by special decision of the Turkish Presidential Institution, the Ministry of the Internal Affairs, or the Ministry of Justice, based on considerations determined by Turkey concerning political, cultural, or other figures.
How can a permanent residence be booked in Turkey?
This can be done through the dedicated migration website, and we at Gars Consulting Company can help you with that by contacting us via email or phone number ( 00905019009999 ).
Documents required to apply for permanent residence in Turkey
- Residence permit application form
- Applicant's passport and a copy of it
- Previous residence permit (student residence, residence permit , word residence, real estate residence)
- Document showing that the applicant for permanent residence has not received any social assistance from institutions and non-governmental organizations in the last three years
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Statement revealing that the financial income of the applicant is sufficient during the period of residence
- Not Sentenced Document
- Valid medical insurance
- The residential address of the Population Department establishes the place of residence
- Application for permanent residence
Cost of permanent residence in Turkey
There are some financial costs of permanent residence, such as the deadline fee of 30 Turkish lira, as well as the tax charge of 140 Turkish lira. In addition to certain financial fees relating to the nationality of the applicant which vary according to nationality, this is governed by the nature of entry into Turkey, with or without Visa.
Duration of receipt of permanent residence in Turkey
It takes four months to evaluate the application for permanent residence. As of the day of registration of the application and submission of documents, the applicant shall wait until such time as he or she receives an acceptance or refusal.
Work Residency in Turkey- Privileges and Requirements
In this article, you will learn about the steps needed to obtain a work residence permit in Turkey, its requirements, an...
Privileges of Real Estate Residence in Turkey and how to get it
what is the real estate residence in Turkey, what are the privileges? Learn more about the requirements, the procedures,...
Privileges of Turquoise Card for Forgierner Investors in Turkey
Learn more about the turquoise card and its requirements. Turkey grants it to the foreigner investors as it provides a v...