What are the countries whose citizens are entitled to obtain Turkish citizenship?
Table of content
- What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship by buying a property?
- Countries included and not included in the Turkish citizenship decision in exchange for a property
- Nationalities that are absolutely not entitled to own real estate in Turkey
- Nationalities that are entitled to own a single home in Turkey
- Nationalities that can only buy real estate in Turkey after the approval of the Ministry of Interior
- Nationalities that can own construction land, housing, and workplace only
- Nationalities that can own real estate in Turkey, but with special conditions
- Nationalities that can own real estate in Turkey without conditions
- What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship by bank deposit?
- What nationalities are entitled to Turkish citizenship through a bank deposit?
- Countries included and not included in the Turkish citizenship decision in exchange for a property
- Frequently Asked Question about Turkish Citizenship
What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship by buying a property?
The Turkish government has made it possible to obtain Turkish citizenship by buying a property, with the following conditions:
- The value of the property, or the total of the purchased properties, should be $250,000 and more, or equivalent in Turkish currency according to the exchange rate when selling.
- The property buyer must be of one of the nationalities that fall under the citizenship decision in exchange for real estate ownership.
- Buying the property from a Turkish person or a Turkish construction company.
- The buyer must not sell the property for three years from the date of purchase.
- The presence of a real estate appraisal report from a company approved by the Turkish government specialized in real estate appraisal.
- Registering the property in Turkey in the Land Registry Department.
- Paying the value of the property in Turkey via a regular bank transfer.
Countries included and not included in the Turkish citizenship decision in exchange for a property
Nationalities that are absolutely not entitled to own real estate in Turkey
For many reasons, some due to direct political reasons with Turkey decades ago, and some due to international reasons, some States do not have the right to own real estate in Turkey, including Armenia, Cuba, North Korea, and Greek Cyprus.
Nationalities that are entitled to own a single home in Turkey
The nationalities that are entitled to own real estate for one home in Turkey are China, Denmark, and the occupying entity of Palestine.
Nationalities that can only buy real estate in Turkey after the approval of the Ministry of Interior
There are some cases where the approval of the Ministry of the Interior for ownership of real estate is required when the person is from one of these countries: Bahrain, Algeria, Australia, Austria, India, and Pakistan.
Nationalities that can own construction land, housing, and workplace only
Iran provided that the investor is not subject to UN sanctions, Ukraine, after obtaining the approval of the Ministry of the Interior, provided that the real estate is not on the coasts of the Black Sea, Greece, provided that the real estate is not on the northwestern border, and Tunisia and Iraq, after obtaining the approval of the Ministry of the Interior.
Nationalities that can own real estate in Turkey, but with special conditions
Some nationalities may own real estate in Turkey under special conditions, namely the nationalities of States with borders with Turkey, such as Iraq, Ukraine, Greece, and Russia; Their citizens cannot buy real estate at the border, and they can own real estate in the rest of the cities and interior. Citizens of Albania are also entitled to own only a home and a place of work.
Nationalities that can own real estate in Turkey without conditions
The nationalities that can own real estate in Turkey without conditions are the world's most common, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Emirates, Yemen, Oman, Sudan, Germany, Argentina, America, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belgium, Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Chad, France, South Africa, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Iceland, Japan, Canada, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, South, Malaysia, Mali, Norway, Uganda, Uganda, Uganda, Uganda, Venezuela, Venezuela, Venezuela, Venezuela, Venezuela... and others.
What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship by bank deposit?
Turkey has granted access to Turkish citizenship through bank deposit under certain conditions, in that the minimum deposit of funds in an account in a Turkish bank is $500,000 or the equivalent in other currencies, provided that the deposit is not withdrawn for a minimum period of three years from the date of application.
This is by opening a bank account in the name of the applicant for Turkish citizenship in one of the banks operating in Turkey, then depositing the amount, signing the statement of seizure of the amount for a period of three years, and then obtaining a report from the Banking Regulation and Supervision Authority in Turkey in order to match the deposited amount to apply for Turkish citizenship, then apply for investor residence, and finally, prepare the necessary papers for the file and submit them to the Population Department in Turkey.
What nationalities are entitled to Turkish citizenship through a bank deposit?
Most nationalities are entitled to obtain Turkish citizenship through bank deposits, including Syrian citizenship.
Frequently Asked Question about Turkish Citizenship
Proving the existence of Ottoman origin is one of the ways through which the Turkish law grants the right of obtaining Turkish citizenship, which is issued in a period between six months to one year from the application date after proving the existence of an Ottoman origin or proving affiliation to any Turkish origin whether grandfather, grandmother, father, or mother using any birth certificate document or a military certificate, after that you need to obtain a Turkish government document called (Ottoman Origins Document).
Some foreigners can obtain Turkish citizenship in some exceptional cases, if they do not pose a threat to national security and do not threaten public order, such as:
- Everyone who contributes and is expected to contribute to the effective and fundamental development of industry, technology, economic, social science, art, and sports.
- People who are believed that they must obtain Turkish citizenship.
- People who have been accepted as refugees.
Generally speaking, Turkish citizenship and the Turkish passport can be obtained in several ways, some of which fall under the investment clause, others fall under the clause, in addition to other situations through which the Turkish citizenship can be acquired.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment according to one of the following items:
- Real estate ownership
- Financial deposit
- Investing in Turkey
- Hiring 50 Turkish citizens.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship through marriage or lineage
- Other situations for obtaining Turkish citizenship
- Residence in Turkey with a 5-years work permit period
- Exceptional nationality which is usually granted to certain people like those with university certificate of who came to Turkey and live in it.
The Turkish passport is one of the strongest passports in the world, and while so many countries require a visa, they grant it for the holders of Turkish citizenship with easy terms. The Turkish passport holder can travel to more than 80 countries with a Turkish passport without a visa, or with a visa issued upon arrival at the airport.
What are the requirements for Turkish citizenship?
The conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship differ based on the different cases that lead to it such as real estate investment, shares investment, employing Turkish employees, etc... but they all have these conditions in common:
- The person must be of one of the nationalities allowed to benefit from the Citizenship Law.
- The person must be an adult.
- The person must adhere to the provisions of the Citizenship Law and its details that fall under it.
- The person must be free of serious infectious diseases.
- The person must have a clean criminal record.
Briefly, applying for Turkish citizenship and the stages of obtaining it are seven stages, but they can be summarized in the following four points:
Submitting the citizenship application request to the competent authority such as the investment office for investors and the Population Department for in case of marrying a Turkish person; after preparing the required documents and papers according to the case (investment, real estate ownership, Turkish origin...).
Then the request is transferred to the Population Department for necessary action.
The study and security research stage.
The decision-making stage.
The conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport and obtaining Turkish citizenship differ according to the different ways that lead to obtaining the citizenship (real estate investment - shares investment - employment Turkish citizens...), and these conditions all have these items in common:
The person is of one of the nationalities allowed to benefit from the nationality law.
The person must be an adult.
Adherence to the provisions of the Nationality Law and the details it falls under them.
The person should have no serious infectious diseases.
Clean criminal record.
According to the decision of granting Turkish citizenship to investors that was issued in 2018, obtaining Turkish citizenship in exchange for a real estate investment worth only $250,000 has become possible, the decision specified buying a property worth $250,000 at least and not selling it for three years; instead of one million US dollars in the previous decision, and according to the real estate ownership law, the owner has the right to apply for Turkish citizenship.
You can also obtain a Turkish passport by:
1.Investing in Turkey with a value of 500 thousand dollars.
2.Depositing $500,000 in a Turkish bank for 3 years.
3.Buying shares of government bonds worth $500,000.
4.Employing 50 Turkish citizens.
5.Turkish citizenship by residence permit for 5 years.
6.Turkish citizenship by marrying a Turkish person.
- Turkish citizenship by proofing Turkish origins.
Right now, the Turkish passport holder can enter the following European countries: Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania, Macedonia, and Montenegro, and if Turkey joins the European Union, the option to enter European countries will be available of course.
The Turkish passport is one of the strongest passports in the world, and many of the countries that require visa grant holders of Turkish passport the visa with easy conditions.
The Turkish passport allows its holder to enter more than 43 countries without being required to obtain a visa in advance, including Qatar, Tunisia, Jordan, Iraq, Morocco, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Georgia, Paraguay, Serbia, South Africa, Thailand, Northern Cyprus, Ukraine, Uruguay.
The Turkish passport holder can also enter more than 40 countries with a visa issued upon arrival, the most important of which are: Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Sudan, and most African countries, in addition to three countries that issue an electronic visa online, they are Ivory Coast, Jamaica, and Mexico.
In 2020, the Turkish passport was ranked 24th in the world after the Corona pandemic, recording 86 points on the passport index, it allows its holder to enter more than 40 countries without obtaining an entry visa in advance, and holders of Turkish passport can enter more than 40 countries with an entry visa issued upon arrival, and more than three countries grant the Turkish passport holder an electronic entry visa online. It is expected that the Turkish passport will return to its rank after Corona which removed it from its previous position slightly.
Edited by Gars Consulting Company
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
Work Residency in Turkey- Privileges and Requirements
In this article, you will learn about the steps needed to obtain a work residence permit in Turkey, its requirements, an...
Privileges of Real Estate Residence in Turkey and how to get it
what is the real estate residence in Turkey, what are the privileges? Learn more about the requirements, the procedures,...
Privileges of Turquoise Card for Forgierner Investors in Turkey
Learn more about the turquoise card and its requirements. Turkey grants it to the foreigner investors as it provides a v...