Student residence permit in Turkey - duration, conditions and advantages
In this article, you will know how to get a student residence permit in Turkey, its fees, duration, and what advantages you will get.
Student residence permit in Turkey
This type of residence permit falls under articles 38 to 41 of the Foreigner and International Protection Act, as well as articles 35 to 39 of the implementing regulations on the Foreigners and International Protection Act. A student residence permit is granted to students who come to Turkey for study at Turkish universities or any educational institution of the Higher Education Council. Some of the conditions and documents that we will outline in this article are required to obtain them, making students clearly familiar with all of the student residency in Turkey.
What are the terms for a student residence permit in Turkey?
- Presentation of documents and information indicating the purpose of the applicant's residence in Turkey.
- The applicant shall not be a person mentioned in article 7 of the Foreigner Act, namely:
- People who do not have a passport or document on their behalf, or who do not have a visa or visa exemption, or who are found to have falsified such documents.
- People who do not have a valid passport for at least 60 days from the date of expiration of the visa, visa exemption, or residence permit.
- People prohibited from entering Turkey.
- Provide information on the address of residence in Turkey.
Advantages of student residence permit in Turkey
A student with a student residence permit receives some of the features that we describe as follows:
- Exit and entry into Turkey within the prescribed stay period without the need for a visa
- Open a bank account at any Turkish bank.
- Conduct official transactions and procedures legally.
- To obtain a reduced transport card for public transport within the state in which it resides (with the exception of taxis, minibus).
- Undergraduate and post-graduate students can work in Turkey on condition of a work permit from the Ministry of Labour, with the exception of university students in the first stage; They are entitled to do so only after the end of the first school year.
How to extract a student residence permit in Turkey?
A student must book an appointment at the Immigration Department before going and starting proceedings. An online appointment shall be booked from the Immigration Department website, usually within one month. Depending on the pressure in the immigration services, the student goes on the specified day and hour to the Immigration Department and presents his or her documents, starting the treatment of his or her own residence permit. In general, the manner is detailed by the following points:
- Extraction and processing of all required documents.
- Filling the application form through the Department of Immigration website with an indication of the reason for the residence request, the study.
- Keeping the information provided by the website for the date and hour of the interview.
- Printing the request (as the website allows PDF to save the application).
- Collecting all required documents, in particular the student document.
- Signing the application form.
- At the interview scheduled on the date and hour, the documents are handed over to the responsible officer. The applicant will also be required to pay fees in the treasury office and receive a receipt, so that the applicant will hand over the receipt to the first officer, giving him/her a document attesting to the application and making his/her status legal until the residence card is issued.
Documents required to extract a student residence permit in Turkey
- The student document (ogrenci belgisi), which he or she gets from the university where he enrolled, means that the student belongs.
- 4 photos
- The passport and a copy of it, as well as a Visa if any, and the entry stamp.
- A residence permit, which is a document of the neighborhood's selector that proves that the student resides in the said home address, and if the student is in student accommodation, he or she receives the document from the Department of Housing.
- Tax number, issued by the IRS.
- Health insurance contract for one or two years.
- Appointment paper in the Immigration Department after booking from the Internet.
- Receipt of payment of the residence document fees and the allowance for changing the type of visa for some nationalities.
Student residence permit’s fees
A student residence permit’s fees range from $50 to $150.
Student residence permit health insurance
In accordance with the general provisions, a foreign student shall not be required to provide additional health insurance for public health insurance within three months from the date of registration. Students who have lost their right to public health insurance due to more than three months' delay in registering insurance are required to have private health insurance.
Duration of the student residence permit
A student is easily given a two-year residence permit as long as the remainder of his or her college life is more than or equal to two years. They were giving the student three years ago, but that stopped.
Renewal of student residence permit in Turkey
A student residence permit shall be renewed every year for the duration of the course of the study and shall be void after ten days of graduation. The student must then issue a new residence permit other than the student's residence in proportion to his or her objective of remaining on Turkish territory.
Documents required to renew a student residence permit in Turkey
- The student's document he or she gets from the university where they’re studying.
- 4 photos not more than six months old.
- The original passport and a copy of it, or any significant travel document.
- A residence document, which is a document of the Mukhtar of the neighborhood proving that the student resides in the house mentioned in his address, and if the student is in student accommodation, he or she receives the document from the housing administration.
- Tax number.
- Health insurance covering the duration of the study.
- The appointment paper (application form) at the Immigration Department after booking from the Internet, signed by the student.
- Receipt of payment of the residence document fee.
Who's entitled to obtain a student residence permit?
- Students in the first and second stages of education who do not have a family residence permit (those with a family residence permit may pursue education in Turkey until the age of 18 without a student residence permit, and when they reach the age of 18 they must receive a student residence permit to pursue their university studies).
- Foreign students enrolled in any educational institution of the Higher Education Council to study licentiate, master's, or specialize in any university branch can obtain the student residence permit. Once they have obtained it, this can cause their family (wife and children to have a family residence permit) and they do not have the right to be the cause of persons of other kinship.
Does studying Turkish or English give students a residence permit?
The study of English at English language institutes does not give the student the right to obtain a residence permit. As well as Turkish language institutes, because Turkish language institutes do not grant a student's residence permit even if it is an institute of a state university. A student must be enrolled at the university with a regular educational program.
Can I get Turkish citizenship through the student residence permit?
A student residence permit shall grant the right to apply for citizenship, regardless of his or her status after five years.
Edited by Gars Consulting Company
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
Work Residency in Turkey- Privileges and Requirements
In this article, you will learn about the steps needed to obtain a work residence permit in Turkey, its requirements, an...
Privileges of Real Estate Residence in Turkey and how to get it
what is the real estate residence in Turkey, what are the privileges? Learn more about the requirements, the procedures,...
Privileges of Turquoise Card for Forgierner Investors in Turkey
Learn more about the turquoise card and its requirements. Turkey grants it to the foreigner investors as it provides a v...