What is exceptional Turkish citizenship, and how to obtain it?
Table of Contents
- What is exceptional Turkish citizenship?
- Who is entitled to obtain exceptional Turkish citizenship?
- How to apply for exceptional Turkish citizenship?
- What is the Dilekçe request and what is its importance in the exceptional Turkish citizenship?
- Documents required to apply for exceptional Turkish citizenship
- How does Gars Consulting Company help you with everything related to exceptional Turkish citizenship?
What is exceptional Turkish citizenship?
the acquisition of Turkish citizenship by a foreign national present in Turkey without meeting the basic requirements for obtaining citizenship through known routes, such as the acquisition of Turkish citizenship through ownership of property, bank deposit, marriage, etc.
However, there are those who see the term “exceptional” to include the amendments enacted by the Turkish government on the naturalization laws of foreign investors in Turkey.
All laws that have been amended in accordance with the executive regulations issued by the Turkish government are included in the exceptional ways to obtain Turkish citizenship.
Who is entitled to obtain exceptional Turkish citizenship?
A foreigner can obtain exceptional Turkish citizenship provided that he does not have any situation that poses a threat to security and public order in Turkey, in the cases mentioned in Article 12 of the Turkish Nationality Law No. 5901, including:
- Persons who establish industrial facilities in Turkey, or who provide leading services in the fields of scientific research, economic, technical, industrial, artistic, and cultural fields, or who submit offers that result in such services.
- Persons deemed necessary to obtain Turkish citizenship.
- Persons who have been accepted as “immigrants” in accordance with the law.
- Foreigners who obtained residence in Turkey in accordance with Clause J of Article 31 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458 dated 4.4.2013.
- (The foreigner who does not work in Turkey and invests in it a specified amount by the Prime Ministry in addition to his wife and his immature children), in addition to the turquoise card holders, their spouses, and non-adult children.
postgraduate studies and professions , artists, and athletes, in addition to businessmen, merchants, and owners of commercial events.
How to apply for exceptional Turkish citizenship?
Since this type of citizenship is exceptional, there are no fixed criteria for obtaining it. It is a nationality that cannot be obtained for certain amounts of money and is not subject to the laws of obtaining Turkish citizenship by owning a property, or through investment.
As for the question of how to apply for exceptional Turkish citizenship? A direct application for Turkish citizenship is submitted to the Presidency of the Migration Department in Ankara, where the foreign person states his legal status and the qualifications that may strengthen his file, and the response to a rejection or acceptance, it is expected that it will be within two months of submitting the application.
What is the Dilekçe request and what is its importance in the exceptional Turkish citizenship?
The application to apply for Turkish citizenship must include what is known as the TC number, which is the national number in Turkey, and the date of entry of the applicant to Turkey should be mentioned. In the case that there is a work residence permit, it is preferable to mention the residence information as well in the application, because the work permit is one of the strengthening factors for the application for Turkish citizenship. Plus, the university certificate must be attached to the Turkish citizenship application file, and an explanation of the reason for applying for exceptional citizenship can be written.
Documents required to apply for exceptional Turkish citizenship
As for the documents required to apply for exceptional citizenship, they are as follows:
- A copy of the applicant's original ID certified and translated.
- A copy of the applicant's passport, certified and translated.
- A copy of the person’s family registration from his home country, in case he does not have a passport or identity card.
- A copy of the applicant's temporary ID.
- A copy of the identity of a Turkish person who is a sponsor for the applicant.
- A copy of a driving license (if any), translated and certified.
- Proof of kinship from the original family book, or other documents with attestation and translation.
Note: In the case of the marriage contract in Turkey, then a copy of the family book is sufficient.
- A copy of the university graduation document, translated and certified.
- A not-judged document
- Employment contract if the person holds a work permit.
- Personal photos.
- Fill out a form with family information.
- The address of the place of residence in Turkey.
- Birth certificate for every child born in Turkey.
How does Gars Consulting Company help you with everything related to exceptional Turkish citizenship?
The Gars Consulting Company offers its services to those wishing to apply for Turkish citizenship, as the company managed to obtain Turkish citizenship for hundreds.
A team of experienced Turkish lawyers supervises the submission and follow-up of Turkish citizenship files of all kinds and stages.
The company also works to provide its services to individuals and clients directly, or through cooperation with companies such as real estate brokerage companies and investment companies. You can now contact us to inform you of the ways to obtain Turkish citizenship.
Edited by Gars Consulting Company ©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
Work Residency in Turkey- Privileges and Requirements
In this article, you will learn about the steps needed to obtain a work residence permit in Turkey, its requirements, an...
Privileges of Real Estate Residence in Turkey and how to get it
what is the real estate residence in Turkey, what are the privileges? Learn more about the requirements, the procedures,...
Privileges of Turquoise Card for Forgierner Investors in Turkey
Learn more about the turquoise card and its requirements. Turkey grants it to the foreigner investors as it provides a v...