permanent residence permit
It is a residence permit granted to foreigners who stayed in Turkey under a residence permit for no less than eight continuous years.
Foreigners who have stayed in Turkey under a residence permit for no less than eight consecutive years, and foreigners who fulfill the conditions set by the Immigration Policy Foundation, are granted a long-term residence permit with the approval of the Turkish Ministry of Interior.
The applicant can obtain a long-term residence after fulfilling the conditions mentioned in Article 43 of the Foreigners and International Protection Act, which are:
- The foreigner has resided for at least eight continuous years in Turkey
- The foreigner should not have received any social assistance in the last three years.
- The foreigner has a source of income sufficient for his/her livelihood and as well as his/her family if any.
- The foreigner must have valid health insurance.
- The foreigner does not pose a threat to public order and security in Turkey.
1. What documents do I need for Turkish residence?
There are some documents required to apply for a permanent residence permit in Turkey, they are:
- Residence permit application form.
- The original and an original copy of the passport or travel document.
- Submit the previous residence permit document.
- Two personal photos the same size as passport photos.
- Clean criminal record document.
- Medical Insurance (Sigorta).
- Permanent residence permit application.
- Home address.
The previous documents are submitted in one file to the Turkish Ministry of Interior - General Directorate of Immigration Management.